Tapas Revolution has teamed up with Estrella Galicia beer for a series of “Little Galicia” events this summer to bring a taste of Northern Spain to Shoreditch.
Little Galicia will be held over six weeks with events taking place every Tuesday night with themes ranging from beer and food pairing to Galician steak nights to encompass the beer culture, gastronomy and quality associated with Estrella Galicia.
I made it to the launch this past Tuesday and was happy to help prop up the bar while enjoying a range of Chef Omar Allibhoy’s tapas paired with Estrella Galicia and other beers brewed by the Hijos de Rivera Brewery. A starter course trio with small plates of Padron peppers, smoked chorizo stewed in Estrella Galicia, and scallops on the shell gratin with ham and anchovy béchamel were perfect appetizers and a fine match for a pale lager like Estrella Galicia. A main course featuring gorgeous pulpo a la Gallega, a Tetilla soufflé, and empanadas Gallega – washed down with 1906 Reserva Especial – brought more full flavour to the fore. Filloas crepes with dulce de leche cream and cinnamon with a dark and molasses-y 1906 Black Coupage ended the feast on a richly sweet note.
Here’s a look at upcoming happenings:
- 2 August – Beer & Food Pairing with tasting menu not too dissimilar to what I’ve just described above (win!);
- 9 August – Galician Steak Night with three-course dinner with live music; menu highlights will include cured scallops, Galician style octopus and a veal T-bone with Padron peppers;
- 16 August – Beer and Food Pairing;
- 23 August – Galician Steak Night;
- 6 September – Live Music Session with a series of live performances, a special tapas menu and Estrella Galicia beer.
Tapas Revolution is located at 58 Bethnal Green Road, E1 8JW. Find out more at tapasrevolution.com.
For tickets to Little Galicia events at Tapas Revolution, go to timeout.com/london/shop/food-and-drink-estrella-tapas-revolution.