A tropical beach in Central London along the world’s first sustainably designed “smart” street? Welcome to one of this summer’s most unusual and innovative free events, hosted by Kobo to celebrate the launch of its newest Aura H2O eReader.
The Kobo #BeachBookReady Pop-Up Beach is free to attend and runs from this weekend until 25th of July. Timings are Monday to Saturday from 10am to 8pm and Sundays from 11am to 7pm.
Visitors to the beach will have a chance to enter a competition for a chance to win an Aura H2O eReader. Every day Kobo’s “holiday dream team” will giveaway one new Kobo Aura H2O devices to the winner of the #BeachBookReady social media competition. Lightweight, waterproof, with an anti-glare screen and room for more than 6,000 e-books – it’s an ideal companion for a day at the beach or lounging round the pool.
To enter all you need to do is come and experience the Kobo beach, take a selfie with the new device and share with your Twitter or Instagram followers using the #BeachBookReady hashtag.
About Kobo and the Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo is one of the world’s leading e-reading companies. The newly launched Edition 2 of its popular Aura H2O eReader is already wowing fans with its features:
- Light-weight and easy to carry around – 161g;
- No need to strain your eyes as the device has a 6.8 ” E ink touch screen and allows you to read in direct sunlight – no screen glare;
- Waterproof for up to 60 minutes in up to 2m of water so useful whether you are in the bath, by the pool or on the beach;
- Blue-light reducing front-lit display that mimics the suns natural light, so you can enjoy night-time reading without impacting on sleep;
- Storage: 8GB eMMC, storing more than 6,000 e-books;
- Won’t break the bank as it’s available at a price of £149.99.
The Kobo #BeachBookReady Pop-Up Beach is located just off Oxford Street near Selfridges on Smart Street/Bird Street, W1C. Find out more:
For more about Kobo, go to kobo.com.