Searching for a sloppy joe recipe with some bite and and an extra savoury depth of flavour? You’ll love my recipe for Clamato sriracha sloppy joes.
When I started tinkering around with this recipe as part of my Clamato Kitchen series, I thought I had come up with a pretty yummy idea. After snarfing down a mess from my first batch of joes, I realised I’d made something way more delicious than I had anticipated.
CLAMATO SRIRACHA SLOPPY JOES Yum
Ingredients (for at least eight servings)
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil;
- 500g mince;
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar;
- 1-2 crushed garlic cloves;
- 1 finely diced onion;
- 1 finely diced bell pepper;
- 400g passata;
- 4 tablespoons of Sriracha;
- 2 tablespoons of American mustard;
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce;
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup (I like Hellman’s Ketchup Sweetened with Honey);
- 250ml of Clamato;
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Chopped parsley to taste;
- Diced spring onions to taste.
- In a large saucepan, brown the mince in vegetable oil at a medium-low heat;
- Pour in the soy sauce and vinegar; mix well;
- Add the onion and garlic, onion and bell pepper;
- When the onion starts to go soft, add the passata, sriracha, mustard, Worcestershire
- sauce and ketchup; mix well;
- Pour in the Clamato;
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer;
Most of the ingredients are to taste. As the mix cooks, taste it and adjustto your preferences;
- Before serving add black pepper and parsley to taste and gently stir into the mix;
- Garnish with spring onions.
I like my sloppy joes served in a burger bun, as a dip for nachos works too. If you want to add cheese, I recommend Red Leicester as a good pairing.